• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Temp storage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp storage?

Oops,

Packed up my home PC yesterday and it's now in a container without copying all my work stuff from current job (I always take a copy of what I've done with me).

Any suggestions on temp on line storage (A month or so), for free?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Oops,

Packed up my home PC yesterday and it's now in a container without copying all my work stuff from current job (I always take a copy of what I've done with me).

Any suggestions on temp on line storage (A month or so), for free?
    How much space do you need?
    www.getdropbox.com is free up to 2gb and is very very convenient
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      How much space do you need?
      www.getdropbox.com is free up to 2gb and is very very convenient
      Perfect, cheers man.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Email it to a gmail account. No idea what their current capacity is, but probably enough, plus you can search it as well if need be.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Email it to a gmail account. No idea what their current capacity is, but probably enough, plus you can search it as well if need be.
          Drop box allows you to install a little application which automatically synchs a folder (of your choice) with their online storage.
          Very handy when you use multiple PC's
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

You've copied all your stuff from work, for what purpose?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              To add value as a contractor.

I always do it too. I have a small library of scripts which help on a day-to-day basis.
              I don't recycle code written for a specific client implementation but having the code on hand to refer to is a lot simpler than trying to keep accurate notes on things
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                Designs I've done, proposals I've written, configs I've worked on and know work etc.

tulip you forget after a year or so, but may have to dig up again at some future date. Did a full QoS design for a company a few years back, and used it twice since then. 5 pages of very good stuff, makes it look you've been putting the hard yards in and all I have to do is change the names and tweak it to reflect the sites covered ...

Comment

Designs I've done, proposals I've written, configs I've worked on and know work etc.

tulip you forget after a year or so, but may have to dig up again at some future date. Did a full QoS design for a company a few years back, and used it twice since then. 5 pages of very good stuff, makes it look you've been putting the hard yards in and all I have to do is change the names and tweak it to reflect the sites covered ...
                  I have a selection of policy and procedure documents that I do exactly the same thing with. No point re-inventing the wheel every time when every client wants more or less the same thing anyway.

An <insert standards name here> compliant policy or process to do <x>.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The other day, I had to dig out a bid proposal that I wrote about 7 years ago. I keep as much as I can remember to take with me
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X