• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google adwords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google adwords

Have a free £50 voucher for Google adwords. I can't really imagine it would make sense for my niche market but on the other hand there is no minimum subscription period and you can cancel at any time so what's to lose trying it?

But I seem to recall reading about complaints a couple years ago and soon found numerous reports on the net of them charging for clicks not in the logs, continuing to debit accounts after closing etc.

I have also noticed ads on very unsuitable websites so our guides/CDs on invertebrates might easily get advertised on sites of pest exterminators etc.

Anyone use them? Are they worth it?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

If you don't rank well in Google they can be worth it.

How well does you website rank (is it in the few few results) for you main business keywords (in other words, if you were looking for your website in google, what search terms would you use?).

Comment

I found that it was too hard to get people to click on it, waste of time traffic wise - SEO is much better and cheaper long term.

Comment

Cheers. Doing a new CD which isn't but at moment our stuff is about identifying UK flora and fauna and "uk animals identification" or "uk plants identification" puts us about half way up first page on Google anyway.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          puts us about half way up first page on Google anyway.
          #1 natural result will get 60% of traffic, #2 I think will get 20%, #3 maybe 10% and the rest will get remaining 10% - there are HUGE gains in getting up the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            #1 natural result will get 60% of traffic, #2 I think will get 20%, #3 maybe 10% and the rest will get remaining 10% - there are HUGE gains in getting up the ladder.
            WHS.

When my plan b website went to no. 1 position in Google for the main keywords, the number of visits (and orders) went through the roof.

People don't scroll down and only see the top couple of results.

Comment

Working...
            X