• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MySQL Host

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MySQL Host

I'm looking for a mysql host that will host a single database for me. It'll be around 4gb in size but very low activity.

I also need to be able to connect to it using external ODBC

Anyone know of anyone that will allow you to do this?

Ta muchly - Sockpuppet

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm looking for a mysql host that will host a single database for me. It'll be around 4gb in size but very low activity.

I also need to be able to connect to it using external ODBC

Anyone know of anyone that will allow you to do this?

Ta muchly - Sockpuppet
    I might not fully understand what I am talking about because I am not a techie but I think Web hosting providers offer this service along with domain registration, email etc.

I use http://www.webhostingnz.com/ who allow me to add MySQL databases, not that I have done yet.

You can probably find someone a bit more local and you will need someone that offers more space than they offer.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 26 September 2009, 07:26. Reason: Didn't read closely enough. Sockpuppet needs a lot of space.

Comment

Yeah thanks for that. I needed it as the current webhost host only allowed a 100Mb database size but I didn't want to move the website.

I've moved everything on bloc to UK2.net who give you a 100GB database size and allow external access using ODBC.

Comment

Working...
      X