• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bluetooth experts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth experts?

My Phone (Nokia E71) works fine with my bluetooth car stereo - handsfree is fine and it even transferred the phonebook entries. However, I can't play mp3s or get the spoken output from my phone's sat nav to play through the car stereo. I suspect that this is because at the time (05) the car was made, the standards only called for telephone calls to be sent over bluetooth - but actually, I have no idea if that's right - does anyone else know?

Well, if it is the bluetooth hands-free system you have built in, it is not supposed to play mp3s or satnav instructions .. you need a stereo with bluetooth support for that.

Comment

Some detail on the car Hi-Fi would be useful, so we can check it supports streaming audio via Bluetooth! %)

Comment

I though the satnav played through the stereo by means of an internal FM transmitter....... Or?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
          I though the satnav played through the stereo by means of an internal FM transmitter....... Or?!
          If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to listen to the radio at the same time ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
            If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to listen to the radio at the same time ?
            You cant with mine - therefore I dont use it!

Comment

Working...
            X