• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox Plugins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox Plugins

Today I was told of a fantastic new extension 'Xmarks' that allows you to synchronise and retrieve your Bookmarks from anywhere.

What other "cant live without" extensions does the panel have installed?
    Last edited by chef; 19 August 2009, 09:20.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Plugins or extensions?

Plugins are things like Flash and Adobe Reader, that allow one to view proprietary file formats inside the browser. Extensions are things like Firebug and Xmarks that enhance or extend the functionality of the browser.

Assuming you mean extensions, there are only four that I ever use, all developer tools: Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar, ColorZilla and MeasureIt. All highly recommended

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Plugins or extensions?

Plugins are things like Flash and Adobe Reader, that allow one to view proprietary file formats inside the browser. Extensions are things like Firebug and Xmarks that enhance or extend the functionality of the browser.

Assuming you mean extensions, there are only four that I ever use, all developer tools: Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar, ColorZilla and MeasureIt. All highly recommended
      oops yes extensions, corrected.

will take a look at those, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        oops yes extensions, corrected.
        Thanks for tolerating my pedantry with such good grace

Comment

I have a feeling there's a little OCD in all of us.

Oddly, I use the same 4 FF extensions as your good self.

Comment

there are only four that I ever use, all developer tools: Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar, ColorZilla and MeasureIt. All highly recommended
            As well as those, I sometimes use iMacros which allows you to record repetitive stuff into macros. Found this useful on one development where I had to keep logging out and logging in again to test some changes I was making. Not really used it for anything else so far though so, uh, probably not top of the list really.

Comment

My 400Kbps 'broadband' would be unusable without Adblock Plus. (How on earth do you tolerate all those ads?)

I wish the British English Dictionary was used more.

Using FireFTP goes against the grain: using one app as another - but it does its job well.

I still run Session Manager although it is now redundant.

I have a bunch of others but they're the important ones.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I have a German girlfriend, I believe 'Pedantry' and 'Precise' are her middle names

you get used to it

Comment

Plugins or extensions?

Ta for the recommendations.

Since you mention Flash, when I was wandering around Mozilla.org the other day I came across a security advisory for Flash, and found I was rather out of date. Is there some means of getting notifications of Flash updates?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    My 400Kbps 'broadband' would be unusable without Adblock Plus. (How on earth do you tolerate all those ads?)
                    + Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper.

Send to OneNote.

Comment

Working...
                    X