• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia N97

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia N97

Anyone got this phone?

Thoughts?

Very interested in this, but think I'll wait a bit as I'm also very interested in the Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO which has just been confirmed for release later in the month.

Will make a decision once I've seen both. Think it comes down to

Symbian Vs WinMob

Comment

Originally posted by thelurker View Post
      Anyone got this phone?

Thoughts?
      Tried it before I got the iPhone 3GS. The touch screen is garbage.

Comment

Got it

If iPhone is a no no for you (don't want to change network, really want a keyboard, hate apple, don't want to be like everyone else) then it is "good enough"

Otherwise get the iPhone

Interested is not far off, compared to the iphone the touch screen is pretty crap, but it is useable

If it had been "just another phone" from Nokia it would have been OK, but for their flagship phone that is meant to be a "iPhone killer" it is pretty poor
        Last edited by Not So Wise; 8 July 2009, 16:18.

Comment

the thing that has put me off the iphone is the touch screen keyboard (which I would probably want to use for more than 2 or 3 minutes).

I was thinking of getting the N97 for this reason, but is the keyboard any good/useable to write a longish email? (I have seen a couple of bad reviews)

Comment

Just tried one of these in my local phone shop after seeing this thread earlier to see if it had improved since I tried an early release a couple of weeks ago at a trade fair.

Still not a patch on my iphone Im afraid, screen and keyboard atrocious for what is their latest and greatest release. Would suggest waiting for the new Samsung or something else if you are anti iphone for some reason.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
              Just tried one of these in my local phone shop after seeing this thread earlier to see if it had improved since I tried an early release a couple of weeks ago at a trade fair.

Still not a patch on my iphone Im afraid, screen and keyboard atrocious for what is their latest and greatest release. Would suggest waiting for the new Samsung or something else if you are anti iphone for some reason.

PZZ
              Or failing that....wait for the phone to have a few updates, Nokia a good at fixing this sort of thing fairly quickly
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I had a 5800, I've held off buying the N97 for now. Main reason is a love VoIP, the N97 doesn't have an integrated SIP client at present so I've gone back to using an old N95.

Comment

This has fallen off my wanted list now due to many bad user reviews.

New Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO or HTC HD are the only ones left now.

Having been a iPhone user since the first phone came out I've finally had enough of the fact that it relies on its looks to compensate for lack of basic functionality.

When I spend that sort of money on a phone I want to be able to do what I want on it and install 3rd Party Apps, not just the ones Mr Jobs likes

Also hate the fact that in the City the calls go straight to voicemail a lot of the time due to O2s flakey/Overloaded 3G network.

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
                    the thing that has put me off the iphone is the touch screen keyboard (which I would probably want to use for more than 2 or 3 minutes).

I was thinking of getting the N97 for this reason, but is the keyboard any good/useable to write a longish email? (I have seen a couple of bad reviews)
                    Have had no problem with the keyboard, though positioning of some of the keys is weird (location of space bar drove me mad for a few days) but could see people having issues with it if they have very thick fingers

Comment

Working...
                    X