• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apphelia.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apphelia.

Thought I'd list a few iPhone apps I use regularly and we could share the love...

'Chess with friends' is my latest one, really got me back into the game. Basically turn-by-turn with whoever, people you know, randoms etc, with a chat client.

iTreblid - for my daily Dilbert fix.

WunderRadio - browse random world radio and podcasts.

Skype - obviously.

Allowance - lets me see how many minutes/texts are left for the month. Bit lazy as I could just text to get them, but got this out of curiosity.

Payback - 'GTA' for the iPhone. Quite addictive. Get the Payback Lite with one level to explore and you'll probably buy the full version. NB don't fill all the save game slots. Mine crashed when I did and I had to reinstall the game.

MTelnet Lite - nice little telnet client.

X-Plane - Liked this so much I got the Airliner and Extreme versions. Expensive but nice if you like flight sims. Considering getting the Race version. Gets upgraded regularly.

Sol Free - steady old solitaire. Perfect.

Word warp - free and challenging little word game.

Crayon - nice little physics game, similar but better than TouchPhysics. Draw on the screen (like Trace) and get the ball to the target.

SnapTell - Take a picture of a book/CD/DVD, and it finds the details on Amazon for you.

Colloquy - great little IRC client, for the old skool crew.

RH

Good Idea

Ones I regularly use are:

FStream - similar to Wunder Radio but Free
    Traffic Info - very simple list of major road traffic problems (free)
    Free RSS - Free RSS
    Stanza - a Free e-reader with loads and loads of free books
    ebay - free ebay app
    Palringo - Free chat client for MSN, Yahoo!, etc
    Flight Control - addictive game of landing planes and helicopters (59p). PB=95

Not regularly used but also:
    iFound - adds a contact detail message to your background (free)

Other stuff on there mainly to keep the kids quiet like:

JellyCar - Squash a car through obsticles
    TapDefense - Defending game
    7Cities - Defending game
    AlertMeteor (my 5 year old loves this)
    Poker Quest - Dice Poker
    Tower Free - Build a tower
    iATC - Air traffic control game
    Shanghai - Mahjong game

Comment

IntelliScreen - View Calendar/Email/SMS on lockscreen
      Elert - Nice little email alert that works on top of any open apps
      ascii2Bin - Converting ascii to bin
      Categories - Place folders on the main screen and have app icons in those folders so you only have one screen not loads.
      PdaNet - Tehering App
      iReal Quick SMS - Allows you to reply to SMS without closing your current app
      TV Plus - Remote record programs on Sky+
      Last edited by MikeC1408; 22 April 2009, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
        IntelliScreen - View Calendar/Email/SMS on lockscreen
        Elert - Nice little email alert that works on top of any open apps
        ascii2Bin - Converting ascii to bin
        Categories - Place folders on the main screen and have app icons in those folders so you only have one screen not loads.
        PdaNet - Tehering App
        iReal Quick SMS - Allows you to reply to SMS without closing your current app
        TV Plus - Remote record programs on Sky+
        That'll be a jailbroken iPhone then.

Comment

Yep

Also forgot gpsPhone - NES emulator so I can play classics like

Mario Kart
          Sega Rally
          Splinter Cell

etc

Comment

can you get the iPhone on an O2 business a/c? I assumed so and haven't looked but a bit of spam email set me wondering and I haven't had a chance to check...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yes you can

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                can you get the iPhone on an O2 business a/c? I assumed so and haven't looked but a bit of spam email set me wondering and I haven't had a chance to check...
                Check out the tariffs cojak...I'm on the Small Business Frequent User plan, and got a 16gb for £50.21.

That my friends, is a bar gain!
                Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

I like the look of this!
                  So for an outlay of £50.21 and a monthly cost of £30.91 (all plus VAT) i can get me a 16gig iphone?

May be a goer!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravy Train View Post
                    I like the look of this!
                    So for an outlay of £50.21 and a monthly cost of £30.91 (all plus VAT) i can get me a 16gig iphone?

May be a goer!
                    add in another £10~ a month if you want handset insurance. I have 2 x 16gb ones for around £80~ a month with insurance and everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X