• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

beBox replacement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put on the Draytek this morning and setup was a breeze. Though this router has a LOT of options and the wireless setup was a bit confusing. I don't have any n spec gear so I've set it only broadcast a g signal.

The ADSL upload speed has increased but the download has gone down slightly. Probably nothing I won't notice on an average day.

My wife noticed that the wireless coverage is far better.

So far so good.

Now to setup the VPN.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Put on the Draytek this morning and setup was a breeze. Though this router has a LOT of options and the wireless setup was a bit confusing. I don't have any n spec gear so I've set it only broadcast a g signal.

The ADSL upload speed has increased but the download has gone down slightly. Probably nothing I won't notice on an average day.

My wife noticed that the wireless coverage is far better.

So far so good.

Now to setup the VPN.
      Was just wondering how you were getting on with your Draytek this morning - for some reason we've just started experiencing issues with the wireless connectivity on our BeBox again over the last few days, so it looks like a Draytek purchase will be on the cards on this week.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Three days running and no issues with the Draytek at all. Its a good'un.

Well worth the £170ish inc VAT I paid for it. Just to get the wife yelling up "There's no internet, sort it out, I'm fed up with it and you!" I would pay any amount.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
        X