• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DVD Recorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    switch to virgin media then, they have a similar system
    which is entirely useless if your street is not wired for VM

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    WTS.

You're not locked into anything.
    except having a useless box if I leave sky

thanks everyone - I may end up going for Sky+ anyway, the Murdoch comment was only half serious

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      which is entirely useless if your street is not wired for VM

except having a useless box if I leave sky

thanks everyone - I may end up going for Sky+ anyway, the Murdoch comment was only half serious
      Not entirely true. You can still use it to watch all the free channels, only the recording functionality is disabled. Plus they'll probably give you the box for free anyway so you won't have lost a penny
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Not entirely true. You can still use it to watch all the free channels, only the recording functionality is disabled. Plus they'll probably give you the box for free anyway so you won't have lost a penny
        I could be wrong but I think I read on AVForums that you keep the recording functionality now as well (as it's free).

However you will not be able to watch anything you previously recorded on the pay channels.
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
          I could be wrong but I think I read on AVForums that you keep the recording functionality now as well (as it's free).

However you will not be able to watch anything you previously recorded on the pay channels.
          I think (I could be wrong) that the recording functionality only works while you have a subscription. I believe Sky levy a £10 a month charge for recording if you don't have a current subscription.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

interesting stuff, didn't know all that, cheers!

The sky+ box is currently £99 + £60 installation on their website

I guess i'll try blagging it cheaper when i phone them!

thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I think (I could be wrong) that the recording functionality only works while you have a subscription. I believe Sky levy a £10 a month charge for recording if you don't have a current subscription.
              Actually, I think you could be right there.... recording is free if you have a current sky subscription or £10 a month without...

Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
              X