• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Backup software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Another vote for Memeo, I got the licence as part of the deal "free" when I bought a Buffalo NAS device. Only snag I have is that it causes XP to partially hand when shutting down, so I have to click "shutdown" twice. Works fine on Vista.
    Same here. I thought it was AVG causing the double shutdown.

Memeo mostly works okay, but it does seem to interfere a lot more than my online backup solution - Carbonite. Also the one time I tried a test restore from Memeo I had some corrupt files, and also discovered that if the target device isn't available it doesn't catch up, which is a bit poor.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Memeo mostly works okay, but it does seem to interfere a lot more than my online backup solution - Carbonite. Also the one time I tried a test restore from Memeo I had some corrupt files, and also discovered that if the target device isn't available it doesn't catch up, which is a bit poor.
      I had this problem a couple of times, and this was down to my NAS drive changing drive letters. Performing a verify seems to fix the problem. Not great, but does the job. Didn't know about the XP problem, however I am assuming that the latest version has been installed.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        It's definately Memeo, if I manually close Memeo, then do a windows shutdown, XP(SP3) shuts down just fine with 1 click.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          I had this problem a couple of times, and this was down to my NAS drive changing drive letters. Performing a verify seems to fix the problem. Not great, but does the job..
          I had a power cut, and so the NAS was off. I turned on both at the same time, so the NAS wasn't initially available and Memeo never recovered. What was poor though is even after a reboot the files it didn't backup remained un-backed-up, until I went and manually changed them.

It's always been my intention to ditch it and get something better. I mentioned before I had ShadowProtect (which creates an image of your whole drive) on evaluation and that worked really well, and despite potentially backing up a lot more data seemed to interfere less than Memeo.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
          X