• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP3 cans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 cans

Thinking of buying some new headphones for use with my iPod and other MP3 player.

Any recommendations?

Don't want to spend more than £30 and prefer the inner ear type.

i'm using

jvc ha-fx66

about 20 quid in duty free iirc

i like the fact that they come with various ear fillers and don't fall out.

Comment

Shure. The cheapest ones (about £50?) are the best I've ever used.

I couldn't justify spending more than that when I have a habit of loosing/breaking earbuds.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've got some Sony bluetooth ear-buds for my MP3. I like these as ear-buds are the only type that fit into my ears and stay there.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

i use Sennheiser CX300 and im very impressed, although i paid around £80 for them around 2 years ago..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

although if you want to think like a contractor then get some Ultimate Ears 11 Pro, custom molded to your ears, just $1150..

"Since each custom personal monitor is handmade to perfectly fit your ear, you will need to schedule an appointment with a qualified audiologist near you to create an ear impression of each of your ears."

plan b coming along, taking wax ear imprints of the rich and famous for "ooo not THAT much"
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              plan b coming along, taking wax ear imprints of the rich and famous for "ooo not THAT much"
              Interesting idea. Though the lazy amongst us will just let our natural earwax build up. Can you do anything with that!?

As for what earphones for under 30 quid? I recommend the ones that come with the player. Any others for that sort of price aren't likely to be much of an improvement, except maybe psychologically. They all have crap bass. Time for the ghettoblaster to make a comeback.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Goldring GX200 here, though around 50 notes as well. As already said any more is a waste as they normally meet an untimely end!!!

http://www.goldring.co.uk/headphones/gx200.htm

Comment

have a look at sennheiser, their inner ear ones are very good, you can usually get a decent pair for under 50 squids
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Another recommendation for Sennheiser here. I've had mine for nearly 5 years (almost as old as my iPod - yes I have the old brick pre-video one) and they're still going strong.
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                    X