• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gmail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm not getting one until it's available on PAYG - I've never had, and never will have, a phone contract.
    You could always try one of these (the site says the iPhone 3G is supported).. doesn't do anything to the phone, just the SIM..
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
      You could always try one of these (the site says the iPhone 3G is supported).. doesn't do anything to the phone, just the SIM..
      While the iPhone has an amazing UI and the best quality browser on any handheld device, quite a bit of what makes it special as a phone rather than just a PDA is down to the network features, such as visual voicemail. These aren't just implemented in the iPhone's own software - they require extra functionality on the network itself.

This is the reason for the network operators wanting exclusivity - they have to make an investment in installing new systems on their network, and naturally they want to see a return on that investment.

If you unlock the phone and use it on a non-iPhone-enabled network, you don't get those network features, so there doesn't seem much point.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm not getting one until it's available on PAYG - I've never had, and never will have, a phone contract.

is that 'cos you is, at heart, a miserable old miser?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          is that 'cos you is, at heart, a miserable old miser?
          More that I hardly use the phone anyway - we have email nowadays, so that we don't have to listen to each other's miserable droning

Comment

speak (write) for yourself! my telephone tones are delightful not dulcet!

Comment

Working...
            X