• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NAS Storage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAS Storage

Ok - I'm finally getting round to looking at this - I'm after 2TB of store, accessible from Windows up to Vista, multiple clients.
    One company has recommended buffalo, another QNAP. Anyone else got advice? Thecus were reckoned quite good about 5 months ago.
    Last edited by dmini; 6 August 2008, 16:22.

Originally posted by dmini View Post
    Ok - I'm finally getting round to looking at this - I'm after 2TB of store, accessible from Windows up to Vista, multiple clients.
    One company has recommended buffalo, another QNAP. Anyone else got advice? Thecus were reckoned quite good about 5 months ago.
    QNAP seem to be pretty hot at the moment, and there's a popular Linksys box about too (model escapes me).
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Think that Linksys box was the NSLU2.

Comment

Windows Server HTH

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
          Windows Server HTH
          Or even Windows Home Server on one of those little HP boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
            I am more than happy with my Buffalo Terastation. 2TB of storage, web interface and RAID (0-5).

Comment

My Buffalo NAS hasn't broken for a while now.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Don't get a Western Digital Mybook. I have one and although it works, I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Don't get a Western Digital Mybook. I have one and although it works, I wouldn't recommend it.
                  Why's that?

Comment

I've been using a 2TB NetGear ReadyNAS for the past few months and am very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X