• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice

hi everyone,
    i developed a program for contractors and i would appreciate any feedbacks -
    especially about the contracts module.
    This module purpose is to let you know the state of your expected income and cashflow.
    Its very simple, you add the contract, then you add the required payments - The dates and sum of payments due as you agreed about with the customer.
    When the customer pay you add the payment.
    The program will calculate the contract state and tell you how much he owe.

The site is: http://www.2gs.org
    Any all all advice will be welcomed

Gadi S

how much development time did you spend on this?

Comment

I couldn't work out what this was meant to mean:

..äöèøó ëòú áçéðí ìîòøëú äðéäåì äîåáéìä áàéðèøðè! ìà úàîéï ëîä æä ôùåè
      äîòøëú äéçéãä ùîùìáú ëìéí îùøãééí, ôéððñééí åëìéí ìðéäåì ôøåé÷è áîîù÷ àçã
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

years

Comment

I tend to reach for Excel for anything like this I need to do but I daresay some will use your tools. I spent all of 4 minutes on it. It looks good and the forms seems to work technically. There is merit in having a number of tools in one place, even simple ones like a calendar.

But I really didn't understand what much of it was for. What was I supposed to type under "Under"? Not sure what index or index rate was either. May be me being thick but I won't be the only one. *Note

You have help files including a new user guide "In progress" so I assume this will provide all the necessary information. But never underestimate the limited attention span or ignorance of your users. Faced with having to spend a whole 5 extra minutes reading your files on a sunny day many will say "sod it" and reach for the Excel. My suggestion would therefore be to provide as much really simple context sensitive help as possible. Trivia: Don't have input boxes same colour as form, it looks like they are not enabled.

Note: Later noticed "developed especially for architects and building contractors". Maybe that's why I don't understand the purpose of the fields. Will all building contractors? Main comment still stands, assume all users are complete idiots and one can never go far wrong.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 20 August 2005, 18:59.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

thanks, you are right - i am working on it.
            I wish people would give me more comments like yours

Comment

Working...
            X