• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotmail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotmail

I remember reading somewhere that its possible to use Hotmail as a web client for other POP3 email accounts.
    Can't seem to find anything on it.

Is this still possible?
    How do i go about doing it?

Thanks!

SC
    Coffee's for closers

It looks like it's still possible. I still have a legacy account I setup and that still works!

In the top right hand corner of the Hotmail webmail page, click the options drop box, then choose "More options"

Under "Manage you account" use the link for "Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts"

Should find what you need in there.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I've not got that option... i can add other email addresses to send mail from but i can't read emails from other accounts
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think this is what was referred to

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

But I guess you want them pushed to your hotmail account rather than another email application?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          But I guess you want them pushed to your hotmail account rather than another email application?
          Correct...

Looks like I have to get windows live hotmail plus for a fee, which now means navigating the windows live account management
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Correct...

Looks like I have to get windows live hotmail plus for a fee, which now means navigating the windows live account management
            Why must it be hotmail doing the POPing? Must be others out there. My Co's domain hosting allows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Why must it be hotmail doing the POPing? Must be others out there. My Co's domain hosting allows it.
              not sure what you mean

from the clients uk office i can't get at my email through outlook but I can use webmail.

Unfortunately 1and1's webmail is appalling, so if i can read and reply to the emails from my hotmail account then life at the client office will get that little bit better.

I could use another system, eg gmail, However since i already use hotmail for some sutff and I like it, i'd rather just use that if possible.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                not sure what you mean

from the clients uk office i can't get at my email through outlook but I can use webmail.

Unfortunately 1and1's webmail is appalling, so if i can read and reply to the emails from my hotmail account then life at the client office will get that little bit better.

I could use another system, eg gmail, However since i already use hotmail for some sutff and I like it, i'd rather just use that if possible.
                You see where you went wrong.

My Cos Webmail allows me to retrieve other (eg. hotmail) mails via POP and it stores them where I tell it.

Comment

Working...
                X