• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bizarre RF Interference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre RF Interference

About once or twice a day at my home there is a strange intermittent interference that lasts about a half a second, repeats every three and goes on for about a couple of minutes. During the half second ‘blasts’:

my TV reception goes all blocky
    my speakers give out a crackle
    my wireless mouse does not work
    the digital radio loses signal

I have no idea what is causing this… it is not a mobile phone since they seem to produce a very recognisable audible interference, plus the range wouldn’t be large enough to affect the tv downstairs (aerial in loft) and radio upstairs and speakers downstairs. Could it be the BT home hub? My neighbour says they don’t experience anything similar…

It's about time I changed this sig...

Central heating timer or thermostat switching?

Comment

Aliens.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Do you live near an Airfield or other military installation?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My microwave does some wierd tulip like that.......

Comment

Eddies in the space-time continuum.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Not convinced about microwave since it wasn't on when I last noticed it and we've had 2 different ones since it started... Next time it happens I will check the thermostat and boiler, check for nearby armies, shoo away the aliens and reallign the flux capacitor.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Sounds like it might be automated and the range limited.

I am curious. Given the nature of the equipment experiencing the interference it could be a broadcast in the HF, VHF, or UHF range. So not a microwave.

Perhaps take a look at power supplies and adaptors you are using.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Eddies in the space-time continuum.
                  tell him to get out.

Comment

Working...
                  X