• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wireless connectivity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless connectivity

Hi,

I am trying to access the internet through my WiFi connection. The laptop can see the wireless network and its connected but when I try to use the browser to access the internet AOL login starts up which is how I normally access the internet. And AOL connection fails as the broadband connection is not present. But with WiFi connection established do I need to make some changes to the way I use the browser? Any ideas?

Regards.

Given that you're connecting to the internet via your router, it is your router that needs to be configured to log in to AOL broadband. Uninstall AOL from your laptop and consult the AOL documentation that should provide the settings to allow your router to connect to the Internet.

Comment

http://help.aol.co.uk/configuring-a-...08065309990012

Try point 3 on the above page, it may help you configure AOL for wireless.

Oh and hello everyone!

Comment

Haha possibly. Are you a Gorn?

Comment

It must be the teeth!

If you're ever contracting in a mirror universe, watch out for those pesky grav generators. They always bring you down to Earth (or whatever planet you happen to be contracting on)

Comment

Originally posted by conqurer View Post
            Hi,

I am trying to access the internet through my WiFi connection. The laptop can see the wireless network and its connected but when I try to use the browser to access the internet AOL login starts up which is how I normally access the internet. And AOL connection fails as the broadband connection is not present. But with WiFi connection established do I need to make some changes to the way I use the browser? Any ideas?

Regards.
            AOL? Oh dear.

Comment

Working...
            X