• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website owners ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website owners ...

Anybody else seen a big increase in activity from the google webbot - Googlebot/2.1 ( www.googlebot.com/bot.html)
    I usually see a few visits but this last month it has been going berserk on all my websites. Are they having a spring clean ore something and junking outdated links. They'll have a job to with my sites if they do - I divert all 404s to the main entry page

will check it when i get to work on monday, Google is a dynamic company, they can be up to something

Comment

Would be delighted if I had. Stuck appropriate keywords in site headers, filled in stuff for a few engines and waited expectantly - nowt, so probably did something wrong. Never bothered to sort problem as nothing on my website of general interest anyhow.

Comment

> Never bothered to sort problem as nothing on my website of general interest anyhow.

That should make it easier - try "mainframe programming services" or "adso sample code" on google - there's me'n'rhino (itdoctors) right near or at the top. Can't work out if that is a or a

We get plenty of daily visitors considering the subject matter but so far only one hint of work (from a try-it on Indian company who disappeared as soon as we started to discuss rates. We've even had a few poor buggers asking us for jobs.

Comment

So fiddle where is the Rhino these days? or is he doing all the work while you swan around on this board?? hmm?

Comment

> is he doing all the work
            :rollin

He's still sitting about 10yds from me but I showed him how to use google - now he is hooked on a variety of other sites and only drops by here occasionally. No staying power

Comment

no but theres a considerably larger amount of custom bots flying about.

www.peemsoftware.com/bot.html

Comment

Working...
              X