• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WorldPay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WorldPay

Sorry, but I'm being particularly slow in interpretting WorldPay's website.

The impression I get is that a customer will always have to enter his details (credit card etc) whenever he makes a purchases via WorldPay.

Only the client has an account with WorldPay.

They talk of FuturePay but this appears to be a customer subscription, direct debit type scheme.

I want to know whether WorldPay will recognise details of a particular customer (cookies .. whatever) and not expect them to enter payment details afresh each time.

Help would be much appreciated.

Anybody else want to jump?

Here we go ...... wheeeeeee ...........

Comment

Dunno. I am a Worldpay client. Customers? Spit! Rifraff!

Actually, since you will be buying from a vendor who then refers you to the Worldpay site I geuss the answer is no. When you fill in a form on the vendor site, those details get sent to the Worldpay site and that is the sole basis for the Worldpay form. You then have to fill in mandatory stuff you have not already entered. Have done various test transactions and never seen any facility for entering any other security code or seen one mentioned in their volumes of docs.

Cookies? Even if you had to enter a security code manually, that would make your bank account not much more secure than your PC login. The other details, address etc are important in verifying the card and card checks are made using those.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your query?

Comment

Thanks for the reply Xog.

I was just having difficulty with WorldPay's website and couldn't work out whether they expected customers to have an account in the way expected by PayPal.

Splash!

Comment

If you like to test out a Worldpay transaction feel free to go to my www.gatekeeperel.co.uk webtulipe, and order £5ks worth of my software.

Comment

Sorry, but I'll decline that kind offer.

Have you moved or is it your sis that lives in Whitegirls?

Comment

Working...
            X