• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C# books

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# books

I've got some VS development to do. I was going to use VB.NET because I'm comfortable with that, but I thought I might do it in C# instead - since that seems a more saleable skill.

Any book recommendations?

Simon.

search for C# or CSharp on emule - thats my recommendation

myself switched to C# - much more pleasant and more professional

Comment

As Atw says, there are loads of tutorials, articles and stuff on the web which will cost you nowt.

Just spend 10 minutes on Google (not Booble!) using the keywords C# tutorial article learn etc.

As for books, I personally like the Teach Yourself in 21 days series, but look at the reviews on Amazon so that you don't pick a dud.

Moving from VB to C# is wise move. IMHO VB.NET will decline to obscurity over the next couple of years.

Comment

I think VB.NET will stay as it still generates .net code but its a lot easier for noobs, but real money and power will be in C#. Having said that should be noted that compiled .dll's are the same, so if you just add references then it does not really matter which language you complied it with - optimisation level may differ however.

i would not recommend "Teach Yourself" series - I actually bought a few books and they are all aimed at retards, I dont know about you but I prefer something different (O'Reilly).

Comment

I am a retard 0] , so Teach Yourself series works well with me if I have no prior experience of the tool/technology.

Comment

retards

well you earn more than me, so I guess i am even worse than retard

Comment

Re: retards

A well paid retard, to boot.

How galling.

Comment

You don't think the VB.net will come in to replace WSH, VBA etc?

That seems the most likely thing, M$ need to consolidate the various versions of VB out there and .net will likely be the one to do it. Already many of the admin scripts are moving that way.

Comment

Microsoft will have new scripting language in new version of Windows, it will be based on .NET, old stuff is likely to deprecate.

Comment

Working...
                  X