• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF

Got the service Pack crap SP4 on a Windows 2000 server

had the BSOD cycle until I found it was the Network Cards..(both) causing it..

If I boot in Safe Mode and disable then boot, activate on of the cards, then reboot its OK for a few hours or min.. than crashes again

this is a Proliant ML 530 with a 100 and a Gig card..

if I disable the cards the Servers stable..

I have tried reinstalling the cards, moving the cards, upgrading the drivers, reinstalling SP4...

all 111 hotfixes

yet all to no avail..

Still BSOD's with KMODE, and a few others like IRP, and stack errors

The server is a DC, what would happen if I put in the Server CD and reinstalled with winnt32.exe, I know on a workstation it keeps the settings and resets most of the stuff back to the original install... would this work with a server with AD ?

Welcome to the joyful world of enterprise Windows.

Now where did I put that Linux distro CD.....

Try posting up on www.experts-exchange.com or give Microsoft a call. After all you paid good money for the OS, make sure you are getting the support you paid for when you bought the OS.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Comment

Or, better, that Novell SBS pack?

:lol

Comment

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

>: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >:

Valium... gimmie gimmie

Comment

There, that's what Windows does for you folks!!!!

Comment

Man.. I wanna scream..

I installed the Compaq Service Pack for the ML530

I took the ram down to under 1gb and it Blue screened by the login

I moved the network cards around and it Blue screened

I uninstalled the network cards and Installed a SMC card and it blue screened.

i have installed the network cards from the latest drivers from HP

I can boot to safe mode, and when I disable the cards the server boots to normal mode fine and is stable..

as soon as I activate one of the cards in NORMAL mode the server will blue screen between 5 min or on the reboot.

there are no viruses or other things on the PC as the antivitus is working fine

If I reinstalled windows by doing a "upgrade" would all my settings remain the same ?
            Ie DHCP, DNS, Domain name, Zones etc etc...

there is a second DC with the AD on

Comment

Working...
            X