• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trojan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trojan

Any one know off any really good trojan remoavl software. Kids have manged to get a backdoor trojan in to pc.

Cheers
    Pig

Originally posted by Pig
    Any one know off any really good trojan remoavl software. Kids have manged to get a backdoor trojan in to pc.

Cheers
    Pig

just open the cd-rom drive for an hour or two, it should fly out

or try this
    Last edited by HankWangford; 13 May 2007, 16:25.
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by Pig

Cheers
      Pig

I can do it for 200 bucks.

Comment

I suggest next time you get the kids to conduct their shenanigans within the confines of a virtual machine.

http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/
        http://www.microsoft.com/virtualpc/

The best way to remove a virus is to format the drive and start again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pig

Cheers
          Pig
          I haven't found one product that does all.
          What are the symptoms and details and I can tell you how to remove it manually.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you're using XP then you should be able to do a system restore from a checkpoint. IIRC, there are regular checkpoints even if you haven't manually backed the system up. I find this is the quickest way.

Obviously, this will only be of use when using a checkpoint before the malware was downloaded...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pig

Cheers
              Pig.
              Trend Micro is an industry leader in anti-virus protection. You can have your PC scanned online by one of their servers using their housecall service - it's free.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

When you've sorted it, please either buy a reputable anti-virus software package or if you alreay have one, keep the anti-virus definitions up to date. Oh, and kill your kids.
              Last edited by Kyajae; 14 May 2007, 09:12.

Comment

Have u tried Kaspersky?
                Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

I used Kaspersky and it fixed my Pandex Trojan problem... you can download a free trial version of the AV and use that to rid the system of the trojan.

Comment

Trojan

Originally posted by Paddy
                    I haven't found one product that does all.
                    What are the symptoms and details and I can tell you how to remove it manually.
                    Paddy,

Have tried to system restore but unsure when it downloaded will be restoring again going back 2 months. But unsure whether I will still have the problem after this.

Symptoms are machine slowing down and appears to crash when virus checkers locate it. According to checkers it is a malacious programme trying to access my information. Virus checkers are telling me it is a 'bearshare' virus (malwarew). Currently running the following
                    stinger
                    avg
                    sophos
                    norton (appears to find it but crashes at that point)

Both avg and sophos have found it but machine crashes before I can get to it.
                    If you can give me any help it will be appreciated.

Cheers
                    Pig

Comment

Working...
                    X