• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jscript Direct Animation library

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jscript Direct Animation library

Only just discovered this existed. Would far rather use a coded solution for the simple animations I need than fanny about with Flash.

From doc is built into IE4 onwards like jscript generally. Anyone used it in commerial website? Could Netscape/Opera say view an animation.? Any other obvious problems? Don't want to spend time on it and find it's earwig.

Any ideas on this? Much ta as usual.

i think it requires some non-default ActiveX control installed, if I were you I'd use Flash

Comment

DirectAnimation

Not really recommended.

VERY microsofty (IE4 and up only). Uses a DirectX type rendering engine built into Internet Explorer.

The project has been abandoned internally at Microsoft, as about 3 developers worldwide actually used in, and 30,000 developers went and learned Flash by Macromedia.

Flash gives you a more widely accepted means of delivering web animation across platforms and browser versions.

That's my advice anyway.

DP.

Comment

Oh

If you want to see what it can do in a few lines of browser script:

mule.sworks.com/keng/da/multimedia/danim/jscript/showcase/tile.html

mule.sworks.com/keng/da/multimedia/danim/jscript/exercises/geometry.html

Nonetheless THIS TECHNOLOGY IS A DEAD END.

Comment

Buy this if budget is tight

www.swishzone.com/index.php?area=home&product=max

SWiSHmax is our most powerful Flash creation tool. With 230 new effects, a Javascript-like scripting language and support for dynamic content and input forms, SWiSHmax has everything you need to create fully interactive Flash presentations. At only $99.95, SWiSHmax is outstanding value!

Comment

Re: Buy this if budget is tight

MSFT will have new vector flash-like competitor in Longthorn, naturally with very good browser support, however it will be many years before its well spread enough to target - by then flash will be built into mobile phones and what not.

Comment

Re: Buy this if budget is tight

Ta chaps. The DA samples on the Visual Studio CD look good but from your comments I think I'll stick with Flash.

Comment

Working...
              X