• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website for plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website for plan B

I want to be able to get a bit slicker with my plan B (have accidentally found a way of making money in my sleep), but having a bit of a nightmare getting together the following

1. Easy to use content management/website editing system that I can use off-line to develop and update the website
    2. An ISP that provides basic domain name registration and a (small) amount of website storage space (say, 50MB). I don’t need active server pages or any of that stuff, just simple html will do fine.
    3. A domain based webmail service so that I can receive and send mails using a web client to [email protected] (its this last bit that is proving a particular pain in the ass)

How hard is that? So why am I finding it such a bloody nightmare to find an option that works without shelling out tons of unnecessary cash?

Is it because I is thick? Feel free to explain where I'm going wrong....
    Plan A is located just about here.
    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Originally posted by XLMonkey

How hard is that? So why am I finding it such a bloody nightmare to find an option that works without shelling out tons of unnecessary cash?

No, it is cos you is tight.

Comment

You must be better at thinking of ideas to make money in your sleep than you are at searching for web hosts. Or does £40/year for hosting (e.g. Dataflame - http://www.dataflame.co.uk/) plus the cost of downloading something like Nvu make your venture no longer worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey
        I want to be able to get a bit slicker with my plan B (have accidentally found a way of making money in my sleep), but having a bit of a nightmare getting together the following

1. Easy to use content management/website editing system that I can use off-line to develop and update the website
        2. An ISP that provides basic domain name registration and a (small) amount of website storage space (say, 50MB). I don’t need active server pages or any of that stuff, just simple html will do fine.
        3. A domain based webmail service so that I can receive and send mails using a web client to [email protected] (its this last bit that is proving a particular pain in the ass)

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          Sent you a PM
          Ta fella, I'll get back to you in the next week or so on that.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            No, it is cos you is tight.
            aye, for real. I didn't get all these bananas by just giving them away....

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
              You must be better at thinking of ideas to make money in your sleep than you are at searching for web hosts. Or does £40/year for hosting (e.g. Dataflame - http://www.dataflame.co.uk/) plus the cost of downloading something like Nvu make your venture no longer worthwhile?
              Thx for the link - it may well just be me, only I seem to have been through quite a few different options, all of which turned out to be either too expensive or too difficult to use for a monkey like me (no opposable thumb, see?). I'll have a look.

Now ideas, those I have hundreds of.....

Comment

Working...
              X