• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bluetooth on Linux

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Mint is an Ubuntu derivative, but it might be worth trying on Ubuntu. At the very least, the larger installed user base might have hit the problem before.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      I know Mint is an Ubuntu derivative, but it might be worth trying on Ubuntu. At the very least, the larger installed user base might have hit the problem before.
      yes, the ubuntu forums(?) are full of stuff. BT sound is apparently a real PITA across the board.
      the various sound subsystems (ALSA,Jack,pulseaudio,pipewire etc.) don't exactly help either.
      I've given my mate the laptop back (with jack/jack cable*), but i'm still researching this, out of sheer bloodymindedness**
      Thanks for all your input,
      much appreciated.

*real audio jacks.
      ** a lifetime of sorting IBM mainframes tends to cause this.

Comment

I use a Debian distro on my Raspberry Pi 4. BT is perfect with a good range.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          I use a Debian distro on my Raspberry Pi 4. BT is perfect with a good range.
          BT sound??

Comment

****update
            if anyone's interested, BT sound is sh1te on linux.
            if it works, give it one update/5 minutes/one look away from screen, and it won't anymore.
            it's flakeyer than a dev's dandruff!
            shame, really, it leaves MS and Apple to suck more people into their toxic universes.

Comment

I suspect problem lies between chair and keyboard. Stick to Apple. They're good for people who are rubbish at technology.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I suspect problem lies between chair and keyboard. Stick to Apple. They're good for people who are rubbish at technology.
                Sounds very much like the issue I have with my Sony Vaio z505 where to get sound working I wrote the sound driver myself...

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

[QUOTE=NotAllThere;n4295779]I suspect problem lies between chair and keyboard. Stick to Apple. They're good for people who are rubbish at technology.[

says the powerpoint monkey.
                  as for Apple, - stuff 'em!
                  I've been an engineer* forever it seems, and this issue is well known in Linux circles.
                  so, unless you have something positive to contribute, i strongly suggest that you wind your little gnomish neck in.

*a REAL engineer. I predate windows/WWW/.com and all the toys you play with.

Comment

Working...
                  X