• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Browser on Windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Browser on Windows

I've been using IE and FF for a while, but get frustrated with FF using excessive CPU on occasions.

I downloaded Opera last night and saw the light (well for now), it does everything I want and a whole lot more.

I like the ability to sperate TABS so that different web sites can be places on the screen side by side or howver I want them, and the WIDGETS thng is great.

What do the congegration use / think of various browsers?

poll coming
    Internet Explorer
    36.00%
    Firefox
    54.00%
    Opera
    8.00%
    Flock / others
    2.00%
    What's a browser
    0.00%
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

I've never encountered FF being heavy on the CPU and it outclasses IE by a long way so I'll be sticking with it.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Safari
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Amen, Opera 9 is the one for me

Comment

FF mostly, otherwise Safari, Flock, Camino. Most of the time, for non-work-related stuff, I'm using w3m
          perl -e1

Comment

um.. don't technical people call it Mozilla, instead of Firefox?

NetPositive is the best browser by the way. And it would be even better if it handled Javascript, CSS, had a decent up-to-date Flash plugin...

Comment

Lynx

and Firefox when I am desperate
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I read about Opera being a super quick browser a while ago. Installed it and timed it opening up various pages, some were quicker than IE some were slower, overall no better really. That was about a year though..

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                  um.. don't technical people call it Mozilla, instead of Firefox?
                  Mozilla is a superset of Firefox. The Mozilla Project also includes the Thunderbird POP3/IMAP4/NNTP/RSS client and Bugzilla as well as some smaller projects.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
                    Mozilla is a superset of Firefox. The Mozilla Project also includes the Thunderbird POP3/IMAP4/NNTP/RSS client and Bugzilla as well as some smaller projects.
                    Mozilla is just the name of the open source codebase that FF is built on, other companies use this codebase too, e.g. Flock

Comment

Working...
                    X