• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have a problem with website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a problem with website

Yep on here!
    Think it might be my own fault though. When I try to post a new post with my new laptop (win 11, google chrome) I get an error "Security token invalid", when I go back to my other laptop it works fine. Happens with new posts not replying to other ones, by the looks of it.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me please?
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Try MS Edge or another browser, see if you get the same issue.
    What antivirus/firewall, etc are you using?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Try MS Edge or another browser, see if you get the same issue.
      What antivirus/firewall, etc are you using?
      Tried with Opera, same result. Using Avast Anti virus/Windows firewall.
      Same on both machines. One is a Microsoft Surface (one that works) other is Dell Xps (dosen't work) Both machines have Chrome and Opera installed (i'm not a fan of MS browsers) General Software stack is exactly the same on both.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Actually, though, in this case rebooting the laptop might be worth a try.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          Yep on here!
          Think it might be my own fault though. When I try to post a new post with my new laptop (win 11, google chrome) I get an error "Security token invalid", when I go back to my other laptop it works fine. Happens with new posts not replying to other ones, by the looks of it.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me please?
          Yup, me too. Although, I doubt anyone misses my posts :-)
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Yup, me too. Although, I doubt anyone misses my posts :-)
            Also on Win 11? I presume you're both talking about "Post New Thread"? Has it ever worked on this machine/OS version?

Might be worth trying logging out, then deleting all CUK cookies, then logging back in.

If you've got another account (sockie ) would be worth trying that too.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Code:
              Might be worth trying logging out, then deleting all CUK cookies, then logging back in
              I find having 2 Chrome extensions "Cookie AutoDelete" and "Clear history, Cache & Cookies Chrome" really useful. Use 1st to automatically remove all cookies except those you've whitelisted and 2nd to remove all other stored crap in one click.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X