• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Code / Low Code advice needed please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Code / Low Code advice needed please

I used to be a programmer (HTML/CSS/JS/ASP/ASP.net 2.0/C#/SQL) but moved to management/requirements definition about 12 years ago. So I can hold a conversation about full stack programming but clearly things have moved on dramatically since I was really in the game at a code level. Logic flows and programatic concepts like loops and functions etc I'm ok with though, and code doesn't scare me - I'm just not proficient enough in current technologies to write an app from scratch.

I have an idea for a Plan B project, which I'd like to build an MVP for with as little financial outlay as possible. I'd like to build a web app wrapped in a mobile app (to take advantage of notifications, etc) that involves the following key requirements:

- user registration and login
    - user submission of data via multi-step form/input journeys, stored in a database I would have direct access to, or at least be able to freely query
    - user upload of images/videos to 3rd party storage platform, displayable/playable from within my app
    - user search of data
    - integration with publicly available APIs or upload of CSV data sources to feed things like available values in dropdown menus (e.g. "select your country from this list", etc)
    - system triggered reminders to users via mobile app notifications and/or email, linking users to specific points in the app

I've looked at things like bubble.io coupled with Henry (https://bubblehacks.io/henry) but I wondered if anyone had suggestions or recommendations for platforms?

Things I know already:

- no code / low code solutions will never be as flexible as custom coded applications
    - it would be hard to migrate to another platform or a custom app later as a bunch of my data and logic would be baked into a 3rd party service platform

If anyone has any experience or input I'd appreciate it.

I thought this was a thread about Greenbastards output to his triple billed clients.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I thought this was a thread about Greenbastards output to his triple billed clients.
      It's crazy that this turned out to be the most useful reply

Comment

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post

It's crazy that this turned out to be the most useful reply
        Not really as my response would be the best platform will depend on your needs as they all have compromises / costs when you hit their self imposed paywalls...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have you considered a prototype using Lego or Mechano?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            Have you considered a prototype using Lego or Mechano?
            This is suppose to be a serious thread -
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X