• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Book Template Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Template Software

A friend asked if there was any software that could help them create a cookbook for charity. They are really after something that helps with the layout, font themes and is easily exportable. A publisher had provided an app for them to use but it was pretty poor and frustrating.

Any personal recommendations?

Cheers

Given the lack of reasonably detailed requirements, I would say Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal should be sufficient. There are millions of Paid and free templates available for these platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
      Given the lack of reasonably detailed requirements, I would say Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal should be sufficient. There are millions of Paid and free templates available for these platforms.
      Sigh yes there are many, many apps and templates.

Looking for personal recommendations. Or at least some knowledge of the software.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        A friend asked
        I've met you so I know that's not true
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Sigh yes there are many, many apps and templates.

Looking for personal recommendations. Or at least some knowledge of the software.

Well the entire book industry runs on MS Word up to the last possible second when it will shift to pdf for printing so look for Word Templates.

See CMAP: "Why do you use Microsoft Word?" - Charlie's Diary (antipope.org) And, yes I know it's 8 years old but nowt has changed except that the electronic book may be extracted direct from word rather than from the pdf output.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Well the entire book industry runs on MS Word up to the last possible second when it will shift to pdf for printing so look for Word Templates.

See CMAP: "Why do you use Microsoft Word?" - Charlie's Diary (antipope.org) And, yes I know it's 8 years old but nowt has changed except that the electronic book may be extracted direct from word rather than from the pdf output.
            ok that's good to know. Word template it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I've met you so I know that's not true
              When I say friend I mean my benefits officer at the local job centre.

Comment

Working...
              X