• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

"Smart" homes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Indeed - you should protest

    Comment


      #32
      Why I don't trust it, yet:

      Amazon Ring Employees Fired For Spying on Customer Video

      Although not smart homes, it still shows that you can't trust your data:

      Skype audio graded by workers in China with 'no security measures' | Technology | The Guardian
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Why I don't trust it, yet:

        Amazon Ring Employees Fired For Spying on Customer Video

        Although not smart homes, it still shows that you can't trust your data:

        Skype audio graded by workers in China with 'no security measures' | Technology | The Guardian
        I trust my data, I don't trust what any company is doing with it....

        Comment


          #34
          Decision made: Video Doorbell | Arlo Home Security | Arlo
          Will get one next week.
          I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
          Hands... out infractions
          Face... the music
          Space... between the ears

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Decision made: Video Doorbell | Arlo Home Security | Arlo
            Will get one next week.
            Pls report back ! TIA.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Decision made: Video Doorbell | Arlo Home Security | Arlo
              Will get one next week.
              Is there a way to stop someone in a balaclava with a chisel just prying it off the wall and selling it in the pub?

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Is there a way to stop someone in a balaclava with a chisel just prying it off the wall and selling it in the pub?
                Live in a better area?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

                I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Live in a better area?

                  It would be till the likes of us move in.
                  I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
                  Hands... out infractions
                  Face... the music
                  Space... between the ears

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Decision made: Video Doorbell | Arlo Home Security | Arlo
                    Will get one next week.
                    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Is there a way to stop someone in a balaclava with a chisel just prying it off the wall and selling it in the pub?
                    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Live in a better area?
                    If he did then he wouldn't need one of these ( Video Doorbell | Arlo Home Security | Arlo), Shirley?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      If he did then he wouldn't need one of these ( Video Doorbell | Arlo Home Security | Arlo), Shirley?

                      If I lived in a smaller house, my office was at the front of the house, and I didn't spend a lot of time in the garden, then I'd have less interest in getting a video doorbell.
                      Hence the thread.
                      I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
                      Hands... out infractions
                      Face... the music
                      Space... between the ears

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X