• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

New behaviour from Notepad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New behaviour from Notepad

    Windows 10, 1809. Suddenly Notepad won't close without saving.

    Can't find a fix by googling. Any ideas? (I usually use Notepad++)
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

    #2
    I'm on 1903 and don't have that issue. Get the usual three option save, don't save, cancel dialog box and it closes fine.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I'm on 1903 and don't have that issue. Get the usual three option save, don't save, cancel dialog box and it closes fine.
      Same here. Maybe updating to this latest version will fix the problem as notepad appears to be a core part of Windows. Check "About Notepad" and it shows the Windows version.
      bloggoth

      If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

      Comment


        #4
        maybe it's hexed???

        Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
        Inertia, however........................

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'm on 1903 and don't have that issue. Get the usual three option save, don't save, cancel dialog box and it closes fine.
          My laptop is on 1903, and also doesn't have the issue. Guess I'll just have to wait for the update.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            My laptop is on 1903, and also doesn't have the issue. Guess I'll just have to wait for the update.
            You don't have to wait. It may be there in Windoze Update - it'll sit there for a while giving you the illusion of choice before it forces itself on you

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You don't have to wait. It may be there in Windoze Update - it'll sit there for a while giving you the illusion of choice before it forces itself on you
              lots of things have that strategy
              Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
              Inertia, however........................

              Comment

              Working...
              X