• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

phpBB hosting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phpBB hosting?

Does anyone have up to date experience of hosting a pretty much vanilla phpBB installation? I have a new requirement for a niche forum, so lowish traffic. Low cost of running preferred but needs to have decent reliability. An easy install solution preferred but not essential. Decent low cost hosting suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Bloggs.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

And I’m guessing one that doesn’t allow you to post the same thread 6 or 7 times?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Really? OMG. Apologies. Thanks for tidying the mess. Hopefully, this will post just once.

Comment

Basic: https://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk/

Been with them for about ten years and only had a couple of issues in all that time.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Basic: https://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk/

Been with them for about ten years and only had a couple of issues in all that time.
          Thanks. Edited to add - I have opened the basic account with these people. So far, so good. Seems like it does what it says on the tin.
          Edited again to add - Installed the phpBB software just fine. Had a problem with the security certificate and the support guys at the host fixed it no bother within about five minutes. Great service. How they do this at that price, I have no idea.
          Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 20 September 2018, 13:12.

Comment

Working...
          X