• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DtDNS Ceasing Operations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DtDNS Ceasing Operations

Well, that's it then. DtDNS is shutting down. Email received today is below. If you are using their services, time to migrate, sharpish. I am swapping over to No-IP.

The purpose of this letter is to notify you that DtDNS will be ceasing operations on August 1, 2018

DtDNS will be ceasing operations on August 1, 2018. Many of our customers use our free service, which we have been happy to provide for many years. Unfortunately, we are unable to continue both the paid and free service as the number of complaints coming from our community DNS and dynamic hosting service have steadily increased over the last couple of years. Unfortunately the nature of offering a free hosting service opens a business up to abuses — a few bad actors make this type of offering quite challenging to operate.

You will need to migrate your DNS hosting to another provider before that date. After that time, we will no longer be available to provide assistance. Thank you for your past business and support. We wish you all the best for your continued success.

Due to the nature of dynamic DNS hosting, we are not able to transfer any dynamic domains nor any dynamic domain hosts to another provider. All changes in DNS settings should be made at your registrar. There is no need to make any changes on the DtDNS site as your account will automatically be deleted when we cease operations. We are not able to help with the transfer of any domains to other DNS hosting providers.

June 28th, 2018

Been with NO-IP for donkeys, can't fault them
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Why aren't they just closing the free service and offering those on it to move to their paid version? Doesn't make financial sense.

Maybe they are being forced to stop offering such a service depending on what their 'bad actors' have been getting up to (dodgy sites using dynamic IP to evade tracking down?), so other alternatives may be under similar pressure to change or close.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
      X