• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Edge problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Edge problem

A couple of months back ago I tidied up my favourites lists, removed all the old blogs etc. I haven't looked at in years. Yet every now and then they all come back!

The list follows my current list just as if I've done an import from somewhere but I haven't. Can't think where it is getting them from, I renamed and moved the HTML backup I did and other browser lists are as current.

Cheers
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Do you have a Microsoft account? Could be syncing with other devices you've also logged into.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Do you have a Microsoft account? Could be syncing with other devices you've also logged into.
      Aye, my favourites have been replicated and I've got 4 of everything.

They totally messed the whole "lets get everyone to use a reading list rather than favourites" thing up.

Comment

Aaaah. Never thought of that! I'll check online. Cheers!!
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Not usually logged in but it occurs to me that these changes probably happened when I did log in to look for an addin.

Can't seem to turn off sync. In settings it shows sync on but greyed out. In "device sync settings" link it shows sync is off, also greyed out. Can't seem to change anything. Logging in makes no difference. Hmmm.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 12 April 2018, 21:30.
          bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Not usually logged in but it occurs to me that these changes probably happened when I did log in to look for an addin.

Can't seem to turn off sync. In settings it shows sync on but greyed out. In "device sync settings" link it shows sync is off, also greyed out. Can't seem to change anything. Logging in makes no difference. Hmmm.
            Update: Tried all the simpler solutions online to fix greyed out sync controls, nowt worked. Signing in caused all the old favourites to come back again. Only solution, avoid signing in to MS account. Cheers chaps.
            bloggoth

Comment

Working...
            X