• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OnePlus 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    whilst price is a factor, the main point to me is the operating system...OnePlus bespoke OS is not something I got on with
    Which one - they had two. OPO (and possibly OPT) runs Cyanogenmod, 3 onwards runs Oxygen OS which is pretty good.

Though one tip that I learned with the OPT is to set a password rather than a number / pattern / fingerprint if you are encrypting the device. I forgot that with the 3T and ended up having to do a factory reset after an update locked it and asked for a fingerprint on a text screen.

I moved from OPT to Nexus 6P and then back to 3T because the 6P kept acting up.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Motorola Moto Gn (whatever the latest number is) - my family have had the 3, 4 and 5 at different stages and they are nice phones, near stock Android and quite cheap.
      Thinking on it, I have a brand new Moto G3 on my desk if you're interested - might be locked to Tesco but I can check that. My daughter dropped her old one so we got an insurance replacement, and then she was out of contract a couple of days later so it's never even been switched on.
      Last edited by TheFaQQer; 21 June 2017, 11:22.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Thinking on it, I have a brand new Moto G4 on my desk if you're interested - might be locked to Tesco but I can check that. My daughter dropped her old one so we got an insurance replacement, and then she was out of contract a couple of days later so it's never even been switched on.
        Got my daughter the G4 Play for xmas - huge battery life and a perfectly good phone.

Think I got it for £80 in a black friday deal

Comment

They abandoned the budget line with the OPT - prices have gone up and up since then, in the same way the Nexus 6P is more than the Nexus 6, the 5 and the 4 (4 was crazy stupid pricing, 5 was OK, 6 way too expensive).

3T cost £439 for the 128GB model, so it's 13% more than the phone I bought in January.

Pixel with 128GB is £699, Pixel XL with 128GB is £819
          Shame, now I'll have to find a new mid-price phone next time round... I'd have loved to stick with the 1+
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Shame, now I'll have to find a new mid-price phone next time round... I'd have loved to stick with the 1+
            You're unlikely to find a top-spec phone at a mid-range price any more.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

There seems to be a slight flaw in the phones software. Making an emergency 911 / 999 call results in the phone rebooting itself

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/com...sterday_saw_a/
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X