• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ocr software with a dotnet api ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ocr software with a dotnet api ?

has anyone had any experience of ocr software that i can access programatically via dotnet ? not bothered about the cost as the client will be picking up the tab.

thanks in advance :-)

Originally posted by mr_do!
    has anyone had any experience of ocr software that i can access programatically via dotnet ? not bothered about the cost as the client will be picking up the tab.

thanks in advance :-)

try asprise

http://asprise.com/product/ocr/index.php?lang=csharp
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

cheers - downloaded the api and the trial has expired before i've even started using it. not a good start. :-(

Comment

Not sure, but I think the latest version of Scansoft's (Nuance) SDK has a .Net API now.

Was using it at my last job but that was using their MFC wrappers around their COM API, but I thought I saw something about .Net APIs in the latest version.

Should add that we had a lot of trouble with Scansoft. Had a lot of unhandled exceptions and major problems with their MFC wrapper classes with screwed reference counting.

Though they had re-written it recently and the new APIs might be better.

I think Microsoft use Scansoft in their Document Imaging stuff (don't know if that's a good thing or not )

Comment

thanks. :-)

just taking a look now ...

Comment

Working...
          X