• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Machine Learning.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
    Is there any point in skipping learning asp.net and mvc and proceeding directly into Machine Learning? Basically writing programs that will make asp.net and mvc developers obsolete.
    I can't see how machine learning relates to building web sites. However if I had the choice of learning asp.net or Azure Machine Learning, then no question: the latter is going to get those dollar signs spinning in your eyeballs.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      I can't see how machine learning relates to building web sites. However if I had the choice of learning asp.net or Azure Machine Learning, then no question: the latter is going to get those dollar signs spinning in your eyeballs.
      There is no contracts ads for ML, yet. Is is probably all in universities etc. Prolly the permies are getting baked now. And in 2 - 3 years the market will be picking up and up. It is only logical it is the next thing. But I am getting some Javascript skills first.

Comment

There is no contracts ads for ML, yet.
        They are there, I had one two years ago.

Comment

There is no contracts ads for ML, yet.
          Unless you go on Jobserve, where there were ten or more when I looked.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X