• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Data Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Data Training

I am a data architect looking to move into the Big Data world - can anyone recommend online or evening courses in the South East that I can use to get technical knowledge and understanding? Came across Big Data Specialization at w ww.coursera.org and Southampton Data Science Academy - has anyone got any experience of them? Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    I am a data architect looking to move into the Big Data world - can anyone recommend online or evening courses in the South East that I can use to get technical knowledge and understanding? Came across Big Data Specialization at w ww.coursera.org and Southampton Data Science Academy - has anyone got any experience of them? Any recommendations gratefully accepted.
    never heard of Southampton Data Science Academy but there are plenty of courses.

Microsoft do a nice one as well see https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/...m/data-science
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Future Learn from the Open University also had some Big Data courses, I think

Pluralsight is another one worth looking at

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        never heard of Southampton Data Science Academy but there are plenty of courses.

Microsoft do a nice one as well see https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/...m/data-science
        Looks an interesting course, couple of the modules a bit basic but quite tempted to do the course out of general interest.

Comment

Liverpool University run one in conjunction with the Hartree Centre (supercomputing centre). It is a 1 year MSc but I "think" a similar course is available for distance learning MSc too. Seems like the next "big thing" to me, major companies like BP, GE, Siemens etc are getting into it in a big way.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Liverpool University run one in conjunction with the Hartree Centre (supercomputing centre). It is a 1 year MSc but I "think" a similar course is available for distance learning MSc too. Seems like the next "big thing" to me, major companies like BP, GE, Siemens etc are getting into it in a big way.
            I had a look at the distance learning and big data course from Liverpool, it's £17K and for an experienced software developer most of the modules you will know. Unless I've missed the correct course.

Comment

Working...
            X