• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Echo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think MS are desperate to move into media streaming although they keep making an absolute arse of it. Buying sonos would probably give them the edge to become a major player quite quickly.
    Unfortunately Sonos do seem ripe pickings for somebody. Still can't stop chuckling when I look at their site and see a bundle of two play 1s for exactly the same prices as buying two of them separately.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Unfortunately Sonos do seem ripe pickings for somebody. Still can't stop chuckling when I look at their site and see a bundle of two play 1s for exactly the same prices as buying two of them separately.
      Ah, yes, pricing is fun.......last few bits I grabbed were from Amazon.it, using a Supercard, after CamelCamelCamel tracker pinged one of those rare greatly reduced prices (PlayBar & Sub for about £700 total IIRC)

Back on topic - ordered an Echo (shiny new tech toy thingamajig)
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
        Back on topic - ordered an Echo (shiny new tech toy thingamajig)
        Let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          Let us know how you get on with it.
          Yep, will do
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

ordered one too on saturday, been waiting for the UK release for ages

plan on using a few IFTT recipes, for Hue lights and a couple of WeMo plugs

should be good with prime account too

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              She won't cook your breakfast if you keep that up.
              apparently after a night on the sherberts she won't cook my sock either!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The google home...

The new Google Home speaker will reportedly cost $50 less than the Amazon Echo - The Verge

When these things have a 'please make conversation with my wife in the other room' setting I'm buying.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  The kinnect on th Xbox sometimes worked surprisingly well for me other times it was a joke.

The echo has decent reviews for voice recognition but then I have only read American reviews. I use the voice recognition on the fire TV and its pretty good.
                  They should use these guys to test voice recognition (old but gold):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

Comment

the App is now available in the UK. Not that it does much.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      I think the vultures are starting to gather...

Apple now sells Sonos speakers since the future of audio is wireless - The Verge

Comment

Working...
                      X