• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP3 player with Bluetooth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 player with Bluetooth

Any recommendations?

Ideally have a microSD card slot for expansion, or a reasonable size memory. Not Apple.

Needs to connect to Bluetooth headset though.

Ta.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Here you go, all that and memories of when you were a yoof as well...

Antique Retro Bluetooth Gramophone Player With Usb/sd Mp3 Player - Buy Retro Bluetooth Gramophone Player,Retro Bluetooth Gramophone Player With Usb,Bluetooth Gramophone Player Product on Alibaba.com
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a look at Cowon devices......somewhere like AdvancedMP3Players dot co dot uk

I had a J3 for many years, which had fantastic sound quality (with decent 'phones) as well as Bluetooth and microSD slot. Not sure what the latest range contains, but Cowon have often been regarded as a top drawer choice, and use very decent DACs in most cases.
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Any recommendations?

Ideally have a microSD card slot for expansion, or a reasonable size memory. Not Apple.

Needs to connect to Bluetooth headset though.

Ta.

Why rule out a brand that has products which fit the bill?

...but it does give me the idea that maybe you should buy a 2nd hand Samsung phone (what with them being the bestest brand of phone in the world, no fanbois who... oh look a new Samsung, must buy it because it's new and it's not an Apple so I can laugh at all the Apple owners with their out of date stuff and... oh, they've launched another one, better change it again... etc)

So, get a 2nd hand Samsung phone off eBay. That *should* have Bluetooth and music playing abilities.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Why rule out a brand that has products which fit the bill?

<snip>
          Problem is that Apple products don't have microSD expansion either
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
            Problem is that Apple products don't have microSD expansion either

True they don't have microSD expansion, but it's not difficult to have more memory for them, e.g:
            i - Flash Flash Disk Connection Kit 64G for iPhone 5 5s 6 Plus and iPad Mini Air-46.41 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Comment

Why the hate for Apple? I use a 16GB iPod nano. Small, does bluetooth, pretty bulletproof (I use mine for running/cycling in the rain and it's been dropped countless times) and the battery lasts for hours. OK you can only take 16GB of music, but how much do you actually need in one hit?
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                Why the hate for Apple? I use a 16GB iPod nano. Small, does bluetooth, pretty bulletproof (I use mine for running/cycling in the rain and it's been dropped countless times) and the battery lasts for hours. OK you can only take 16GB of music, but how much do you actually need in one hit?
                I don't hate Apple. The last time I used one I needed to use iTunes and it buggered up my music library.

Ideally I want something really small - I use a Sansa Clip at the moment - because I only really use it overnight. I also have a tendency to forget to charge it, so something with a decent battery life would be good - I don't want to have to charge it every day because I'll never do that.

I prefer to load an SD card by drag and drop rather than needing to plug the device in and hope that it just appears normally on my Linux machine. I just want to be able to copy the files straight over in a file explorer rather than needing any proprietary software.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

So...
                  Really small
                  Long Battery life
                  Direct file transfer from memory card, not by cable or anything else.
                  Bluetooth headset compatible

Which of those 4 is the first to go?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    So...
                    Really small
                    Long Battery life
                    Direct file transfer from memory card, not by cable or anything else.
                    Bluetooth headset compatible

Which of those 4 is the first to go?
                    Really small.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X