• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Documenting database

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documenting database

Does anyone have any suggestions for something that will produce some kind of document from a bunch of CREATE DATABASE SQL statements? It's actually SQLite, so not as fully featured as real SQL servers, but I could probably fudge the SQL to fit some other standard within reason.

Nobody's going to pay for anything, and it's a one-off. Just looking for a shortcut to actually having to use Word.

Ta.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I don't know if there is any free / trial version of Erwin data modeler you could use?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What kind of document do you need in terms of file type and contents?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Only really a series of tables showing each DB table with fields, type and a comment section for me to write in. As .doc, or ODF or whatever.

Comment

Recently saved a lot of accounts hassle by linking a MySQL database to Excel. Now it gets all online order details with click of a button.

Quick Google shows you can do same with SQLLite. Eg here:

https://sqliteforexcel.codeplex.com/

PS Don't miss comment at right. "demo code deletes the database file so if you change the database to your own and run the demo it will delete it"
          Last edited by xoggoth; 23 November 2015, 22:41.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Don't know if this would help?

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.mic...9-6e74d369f7a1

Comment

Excellent thanks. Produces HTML of exactly what I was looking for, and probably quite useful anyway.

Comment

I was going to offer to write you something using OpenXML for a couple of grand
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X