• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone tried Python before?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Elegance, power, simplicity.
    That's what some people say about Perl.

You probably know my view by now.

Comment

I've dabbled with some Python. It uses indenting to define blocks! And if that's not bad enough in itself, if you set up your editor wrong and mix tabs and whitespace you'll be staring at the screen for hours unable to understand why it isn't doing what you've told it to do.

I don't understand the fuss, it just seems like just another script language with no real advantages (I can see there are advantages in Perl even though I hate it with a vengane). I think I'd rather use Javascript.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Python is more object oriented than Perl and thus more suitable for proper big OOP apps: probably a mid-way between Java and Perl.

Comment

And what about Eiffel?

Doesn't anyone like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
            And what about Eiffel?

Doesn't anyone like it?
            No. Doesn't get to the point quick enough.

It's an "academic" language like Pascal and Smalltalk and Lisp.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

ruby FTW
              All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
                ruby FTW
                God that's a hacked up pile of crap. It's the trendy language!
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                X