• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email encryption?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email encryption?

'Fraudsters hacked emails to my solicitor and stole £340,000 from my property sale' - Telegraph

Is more email encryption needed?

Not sure. These days we often send "confidential" items like invoices and company financial information via open email, a practice that would have been frowned upon 40 years ago (if you know what I mean)

Comment

Nope.

In the case of the solicitor they simply need to rely on older technology to give out their own and get clients to give them bank account information. They already have legal requirements under the money laundering regulations to check IDs so this addition is no hardship for them.

Oh and out of interest virtually all the fraud cases I've read in the press like this involve Barclays. This indicates they are doing something wrong with their opening account checking of people/businesses.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I can't understand how anyone would make a one off transfer of any large amount like that. If transferring a significant amount I always transfer a small part first then phone to see if they got it before transferring the rest.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X