• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Firefox & outdated adobe flash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox & outdated adobe flash

Can anyone help with this?

I regularly update the free firefox browser. For the last 2 or 3 weeks, Ive been getting the message Firefox has blocked the outdated adobe flash, do you want to ignore \ accept?

This crops up on many websites. Ive downloaded the latest version of flash but am still getting the same message.

Anything else I can do to fix this?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Can anyone help with this?

I regularly update the free firefox browser. For the last 2 or 3 weeks, Ive been getting the message Firefox has blocked the outdated adobe flash, do you want to ignore \ accept?

This crops up on many websites. Ive downloaded the latest version of flash but am still getting the same message.

Anything else I can do to fix this?
    Tried the obvious uninstall Flash and do a fresh install?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Tried the obvious uninstall Flash?
      ftfy. Why on earth you would let that badly written pile of tulip on your computer... Its one of those occasions where Steve Jobs was 100% right. Only let programs you are in control off have absolute access to the internet.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        ftfy. Why on earth you would let that badly written pile of tulip on your computer... Its one of those occasions where Steve Jobs was 100% right. Only let programs you are in control off have absolute access to the internet.
        Yep, Firefox is a bit tulip.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Well Id love not to need flash but a lot of websites still use it. Not only is it crashing web pages but also slowing down access. Yes, I could avoid those sites but they are ones I need to visit.

Anyway, the issue has now been resolved so thanks for the suggestions.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Anyway, the issue has now been resolved so thanks for the suggestions.
            How did you resolve it ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
              How did you resolve it ?
              To answer my own question :

Open about:config and set extensions.blocklist.enabled to false.

This disables all obnoxious ood plugin prompting forever. Hooray!

Boo
              Last edited by Boo; 11 February 2015, 18:51.

Comment

Can't understand why Flash is still the 'defacto' technology for video, it's proprietary unsecure tulip.

Even clicked a link on BBC "We're trialing our new video technology, click here to try it." only to be confronted with the "This Flash Plugin is out of date".

Thought HTML5 was supposed to be our saviour?
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  Can't understand why Flash is still the 'defacto' technology for video, it's proprietary unsecure tulip.
                  It's not. Lots of things use video tags, or for the likes of YouTube they use either.

Why is Flash "proprietary unsecure tulip" whereas Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari (and/or whatever other browser you're using) isn't? At least with Flash you don't need to worry about browser differences.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                  X