• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headset recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headset recommendations

I'm after a decent headset to plug into my desk phone for when I'm working at home, so I can do some real work while having to listen in to calls.

Requirements
    • Must be comfortable
    • Must use 3.5mm connection (either one or two separate connections)
    • Must have a boom microphone, not an in-line one
    • Must have a mute button for the microphone
    • Should have a volume control

Any recommendations? Preferably not too expensive, but comfort is important. So that I can chat to my wife / dog / self while on the calls, a mute button is a must - I don't want to get caught out (again)...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Plantronics.

I have a USB one and the range is fantastic. I'm sure they do the normal phone type too.

Edit: not sure about the 3.5mm connection, sorry.

Edit2: Mine's wireless but has a USB docking station. I can easily go down two flights of stairs and it keeps the connection.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 10 October 2014, 15:32.

Comment

They dont have a boom control but these are brilliant.

AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I use them for taking calls, video conference, listening to music.

Great sound quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        So that I can chat to my wife / dog / self while on the calls, a mute button is a must - I don't want to get caught out (again)...
        I find that rather than your typical 2 speaker headphones + mic, it's better to have just the one speaker + mic so you can hear the call but still be able to find out whose been a good boy then, yes he has, yes he has.

Comment

Working...
        X