• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VS 2013

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VS 2013

My trial of VS2013 has just expired.
    Should I purchase my own version or try to get a copy off my next client?

Is it worth getting my own MSDN subscription?

Originally posted by TBJ View Post

google bizspark
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Are the express editions not available? bizspark is a good option. Another is the Design & Dev Action Pack - £360/yr?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've had a search myself but does anyone know if Dynamics AX 2012 is available via that or BizSpark?

My searches so far have drawn a blank.

Or does anyone know what's the best way of obtaining a copy for development purposes (paid or otherwise) ?

Cheers

Comment

Try here:

Buy Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 with MSDN - Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store

Bargain!
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Do you get a free house with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
              I've had a search myself but does anyone know if Dynamics AX 2012 is available via that or BizSpark?

My searches so far have drawn a blank.

Or does anyone know what's the best way of obtaining a copy for development purposes (paid or otherwise) ?

Cheers
              This is why I was also wondering about the MSDN subscription, as I would like to refresh myself on SharePoint 2010 Server.

Comment

MS Action Pack, seems to contain MSDN.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Are the express editions not available? bizspark is a good option. Another is the Design & Dev Action Pack - £360/yr?
                  Looks good https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/u...spx#Devandtest

and includes Dynamics! Still can't figure out if you get VS2013 to actually download!

Comment

Looks good https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/u...spx#Devandtest

and includes Dynamics! Still can't figure out if you get VS2013 to actually download!
                    Yes, because I am on the Action Pack subscription. You get a minimalist subscription however. And they changed the Office 365 sub. from 250 seats to just 5.
                    The only bits I use are Office365, VS and SQL Server and a couple of Win8 licences.

I'm thinking of switching over to Bizspark and paying for the Office365 subscription, probably would work out cheaper for me.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X