• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We are currently experiencing unprecedented levels of traffic to the National Lottery website. Service will be resumed shortly."

Losers

Comment

Back in Real Time

Comment

I only spend a fiver a week on the lottery - one play on both weekly draws, including that Dream Number thing, and a Flash thing designed to resemble a scratchcard.

Comment

The online scratchcards are a complete waste of time - in fact they should take them down to save some bandwidth at times like this.

When you buy one, it decides on the server whether you've won anything, and if so how much, and embeds that info in the Flash game.

So at busy times, they could just send a plain text response saying "You lost" or "You won £2" or whatever, and thereby have extra bandwidth to serve more pages to the jackpot-frenzied punters.

The actual result for the punter would be the same, but not perhaps quite as entertaining... not that they are very entertaining

Comment

I've never spent a penny on it...

Byeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Bang goes my session again... another server has keeled over and is desperately attempting to restart itself

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I've never spent a penny on it...

Byeeeeeeeeee
                Bye Zeity

Comment

It actually has two completely different server error pages... there's one which seems to come from a server when it's just too overloaded to handle your request, and another bare-bones one which I assume is served when the entire server farm has crashed to the extent that none of them can even get a fatal error together

Comment

Quiet again here now.

Did my counting down in binary scare everybody off?

Comment

"Mr. T has just won £2.00!"

He won't have to sell his gold jewellery after all, then

Comment

Working...
                      X