• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Single again (probably)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single again (probably)

My lass has given me an ultimatum, either shape up and offer her more commitment....or ship out.

She wants commitment, to settle down, follow the standard pattern.

I want to stay like we are - happy, caring for each other, doing interesting things, laughing, making each other happy...without having to follow a formulaic pattern.

God, I must drive her mad. I guess I am the standard 'Peter Pan' ladies nightmare.

Ho hum

Originally posted by Burdock
    I want to stay like we are - happy, caring for each other, doing interesting things, laughing, making each other happy...without having to follow a formulaic pattern.
    It's possible to be all of the things you describe if you're settled down with the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
      My lass has given me an ultimatum, either shape up and offer her more commitment....or ship out.

She wants commitment, to settle down, follow the standard pattern.

God, I must drive her mad. I guess I am the standard 'Peter Pan' ladies nightmare.

Ho hum
      Well this was always on the cards mate, I'm suprised it took this long!! Lasses dont change their minds about wanting marriage/kids etc - they just bide their time and hope men come round (which yous normally do!)

Only you know if you can give her this. Only you know whether its right or not. Only you know whether you'll be able to have a happy life if you commit.

If it's not right, if you definately dont want to set up home and all that, then end it!!! It never did George Clooney any harm being single forever - it doesn't make you some big saddo or anything. You only get one life honey! Live it to the full!!!

However....if you're just being a knob, and you actually DO love this lass, then give yourself a slap and get that ring bought you knacker.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Someone once said "Marriage is an institution".....

Well so is fookin Broadmoor but I don't wanna go there either!!!!!
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

You are El Duder looking for relationship counselling and I claim my 5 free visits to a shrink of my choice!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Well this was always on the cards mate, I'm suprised it took this long!! Lasses dont change their minds about wanting marriage/kids etc - they just bide their time and hope men come round (which yous normally do!)

Only you know if you can give her this. Only you know whether its right or not. Only you know whether you'll be able to have a happy life if you commit.

If it's not right, if you definately dont want to set up home and all that, then end it!!! It never did George Clooney any harm being single forever - it doesn't make you some big saddo or anything. You only get one life honey! Live it to the full!!!

However....if you're just being a knob, and you actually DO love this lass, then give yourself a slap and get that ring bought you knacker.
            Listen to SA - she speaks perfect sense!!! Just 'cos you are married doesn't mean the fun stops..... (well not for everyone )
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
              You are El Duder looking for relationship counselling and I claim my 5 free visits to a shrink of my choice!
              Clippy - your avatar is scary!
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones
                Someone once said "Marriage is an institution".....

Well so is fookin Broadmoor but I don't wanna go there either!!!!!
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It all boils down to this: get wed, or lose her. The lady is always right.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Really?

That's not wot I've heard...
                    To be fair - gettin married was my biggest mistake but ..... I know loads of happy couples
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X