• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies

"Hi we have this amazing job for you, great pay, just near home, global comapny; so have you had many interviews?" "Oh right, where might that have been then?"

Tossers...
    Last edited by Zed!; 9 February 2007, 12:21. Reason: cos

"Hi, got a contract. Matches your skill set, not too far from home, whats your availability... Ok thats fine. What about rate? Uhuh, okay. I'll put your CV forward and be in touch."

10 mins later.

"Btw, about the rate, it's a 12 month fixed term contract, £45k a year. That's ok isn't it?"

<click, brrrrrr>
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed!
      "Hi we have this amazing job for you, great pay, just near home, global comapny; so have you had many interviews?" "Oh right, where might that have been then?"

Tossers...

unfortunately this agency hasnt bovvered to form a relationship with you regarding your requirements!! Unfortunately the well burn out and feck off consultants.... Establish a relationship with a number of agencies and stick to them... Companies work on a PSL (preferred suppliers list) why should you you work on a PAL (preferred agency list) easy to get rid of the others then...

Relationships in work and the contracting environment mean more that just being treat like a piece of cattle.....

Although there are some Beef Heads out there... my advice is::

You dont like em, hang up before they annoy you

stu

Comment

Originally posted by Zed!

Tossers...

oh yeah why didnt you answer my question when i called ha ha!!

Comment

Working...
        X