• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat - Migration I & II 06:30 - 23:00
    Sun - Migration 3 07:30 - 24:00

All run from home office so easy money

I'm going to need a bigger wheelbarrow to carry all the loot home in

Make hay while the sun shines
    'fill yer boots'
    etc etc
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ta for asking,
      Child free weekend, so the pub will be visited and I have a little technical reading to do.
      Other than that, the usual drinking coffee and pondering.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

You?
        Not much apart from Sunday's bicycle jaunt.

Will probably parkrun tomorrow, but give BMF a miss. Might take the opportunity for a bit of parkrun tourism - Alice Holt has some nice hills to run up and down

Still considering changing tyres - currently on quite chunky ones, considering a swap to something a bit quicker and puncture proof, so that might be a job for Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Cheers, currently on a train (1st class natch) to Hamburg to funk my way through the Reeperbahn (although I might do some other cultural activities as well). Scouse at the Old Commercial Rooms this evening...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How kind of you to ask.

My plan was to visit Ma on Saturday then do something nice and outdoorsy on Sunday but given the weather forecast Ma may get bumped 24 hours.

That'll mean on Saturday either a bike ride or further futile attempts to surf.

Also I've a provisional booking on a holiday that lapses on Sunday. Hence I've a little over 24 hours to convince wifey that cycling in the Netherlands/Belgium is a great idea to spend a week this summer.

Comment

Seeing Cirque Du Soleil on sat, then home for the footy.

Was thinking of jetting over but I don't have a jet.

Comment

I have just managed to get an appointment tomorrow for cardiac screening (sudden death syndrome) after a year waiting, sudden death syndrome screening anyone...:
                testmyheart

If its bad news I'll have to get into some hardcore crochet

Comment

TFA!

Nowt much planned apart from the Big green egg members day on Sunday.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Still considering changing tyres - currently on quite chunky ones, considering a swap to something a bit quicker and puncture proof, so that might be a job for Saturday afternoon.
                    Who needs Dallas? There is puncture repair expert already in the team.....

Comment

Working...
                    X